So I just got some incredible news tonight. I’ve been nominated for my first blog award by another fantastic blogger: How to Date in Las Vegas. I can’t say thank you enough for this first and this huge honor! I put a lot of myself into this blog so it means more than words can say to even have people reading.
The award is called the Leibster Blog award and it’s for up and coming blogs that have less than 200 followers. One of the great parts of this award is to thank the person that nominated you, you answer 11 questions posed by the person who nominated you on your own blog.
So here it goes…
1. Why did you start your blog? This originally started out as a travel blog but the more I thought about it and the more experiences I had, the more I realized I had a much bigger story to tell; the story of myself and growing up with a physical disability.
2. What do you want to be when you grow up? Still learning and growing (pun intended) as a person
3. Who do you consider your role model? My Papa who had Parkinson’s and died when I was only 6. He was the only one I felt like could relate to my physical obstacles growing up.
4. What’s your favorite color? Aqua (think Tiffany blue)
5. What’s your favorite movie? This is a tough one but I think have to go with Love Actually
6. What’s your biggest pet peeve? Closed-minded people (this is probably too general to be a pet peeve huh?)
7. If you could have three wishes, what would they be? 1) There’d be no more hunger and homelessness across the world 2) That everyone could grow up in the supportive, loving home I did 3) That my trip to Ireland will finally come through this year!
8. What’s your favorite song? This is ever-changing but right now it’s “My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark” by Fall Out Boy
9. What did you dream about last? I had a weird montage of dreams last night. I was at my parents house and it was all decorated for Christmas. Then I was traveling to somewhere in Asia with my coworkers and my luggage got lost on the baggage carousel. I was in a hotel where you could change the decor of your room with an app on your phone (I feel like I might be onto something there)
10. Is a tomato a vegetable or a fruit? Explain? It’s a fruitable…a vegetuit?
11. If you were an animal, what would you be? A tiger
I very absentmindedly forgot the part about nominating 11 other awesome blogs (with less than 200 followers) and asking them 11 questions in return…so here it goes:
Mango Mornings – A great blog written by my friend Liana who picked up and moved from SoCal to the Philippines with her husband
Myopathy Musings – Inspiring stories from Katie who was also born with a form of muscular dystrophy
A Total Waste of Makeup – Some great and extremely clever commentary on all things beauty (especially nails!)
Just Rollin On – Moving and intensely honest stories of life as someone in a wheelchair
Destination Lethbridge – A great adventure blog from a girl who moved almost entirely across the world!
When Strangers Kiss – Hilarious, honest, helpful…this is a great blog for all things dating-tale related
Working for a Muse – This is just a fabulously written blog and it really need no more intro than that
With These Wings I Fly – A great blog written by 16 year old Aussie, Stacey who has an incredibly talented and mature knack for the written word
Our World, My View – A fantastic photo blog
Can I Be – A very new and very cool poetry blog
From Nostalgia, With Love – An awesome blog from Emma, an aspiring author
And now, my 11 questions:
- If you could use one word to describe what blogging means to you, what would it be?
- If money and time were of no concern, where in the world would you travel?
- Your current guilty pleasure song?
- Who is your biggest inspiration (dead or alive)?
- Rock, paper or scissors and why?
- What’s one quote/words of wisdom you try to live by?
- What’s something you want to accomplish in the next 5 years?
- Facebook…yay or nay?
- What came first, the chicken or the egg?
- Do you have a favorite book and if so, what is it?
- Something that makes you laugh the most?
Congratulations nominees and thank you for all the great stories, photos and pieces of your life you share with us!