My favorite ways to make sure my cup stays full:
- Get plenty of sleep: Seriously, this sleep thing is just the greatest ever
- Keep in touch with friends: My best friend lives in another state but we talk everyday and I’m lucky I have great friends here and all across the globe (including Hawaii!)
- Know when to say “no”: I still have trouble with this one sometimes but I’m getting better. You just can’t be everything to everyone and you’ll drain yourself if your try
- Me time: Every night I set aside time, before I do #1 (no, not that #1, get your mind out of the gutter), to watch my favorite show, read a book or just unwind
- Family: I’m very lucky I have amazing parents that I talk to everyday. They’re a constant beacon of support. Never be embarrassed to have a close relationship with your family
- Workout: Having MD means I’m never going to be one of those people who tells you to go workout because I know there’s people who just aren’t able to (and I hate when people tell me I should work out or online articles try to make everyone feel bad for not working out. So when I say workout, I mean move around however the hell you want in any way that makes you feel good. I never really understood how much better I could feel until I started going to water aerobics.